Your WebDirect website supports video insertion. This option allows you to add videos from YouTube or Vimeo to make your website more attractive.
Please note that the option is available only for the Homepage and new article pages. It’s not possible to use it in the following articles:
- Rooms page
- Contact page
- Photos page
- Attractions page
- Amenities page
- Dining page
- Reviews page
- Promotions page
To insert a video into your Homepage or article page which you have created, follow these steps:
- Log into your BackOffice and go to Content > Pages.
- Find the Homepage or the article where you want to add the code and click on Edit.
- You will be brought to a page where you can edit the article. Scroll down, click on the yellow + Insert button and choose Video. This will open the page where you can add the video.
- To add the video, you have to copy its URL.
To copy the URL on YouTube, click on the Share button in the bottom right corner of the video and click Copy in the small window that will pop up.
To copy the URL on Vimeo, click on the paper plane button on the right of the video and copy the URL shown in the Link field.
- Select the video provider in the Select Provider drop-down menu and paste the video URL into the Video URL field.
- Click on the blue Save button located in the bottom right corner of your screen.
- You can now publish the updated article on your website by clicking on Publish.
Read our blog post about five easy ways to use video on your website and increase engagement with guests.
Tip: When adding a YouTube video you might notice that after the video finishes your website visitors will automatically see a different video that might be unrelated to your business. You can make sure that only videos from your channel are shown by adding: rel=0 at the end of the YouTube URL when adding it in step 6.