In order to successfully connect your WebDirect website to your domain, you need to first define the primary domain.
To set your primary domain, follow these steps:
- Log in to your WebDirect BackOffice. Under the Settings tab, click on Domains.
- Under Domains, hover over the domain you’d like to set as the primary one, then click the three vertical dots (‘⋮’) to the right of the chosen domain.
- Choose Set as primary and confirm your selection in the pop-up window.
- After confirming your primary domain choice, click Save on the bottom-right of the page.
- Click Publish on the top-right corner of your BackOffice.
Note: If you don’t publish your changes, they won’t be made.
If you have multiple domains associated with your account, you’ll need to set one of them as the primary domain. Your other domains will then be automatically redirected to your primary domain. Visitors who access your website will always see the primary domain in their address bar.
NOTE: You can only set your domain as the primary one if you made the required changes with your domain provider. If you haven’t done this, you’ll get an error message reading: This domain is not ready to be set as your primary. If you need help configuring your domain, check out our step-by-step guide to connecting domains.