This article provides a general guidance on how to connect your domain to WebDirect. In addition there are specific step-by-step instructions available for the most common domain providers such as GoDaddy, 1&1, GoogleDomain and the CPanel System.
In order to set up your domain, please complete the following steps:
- Add your domain to WebDirect - Once you are logged in WebDirect navigate to the “Domain page” under settings. Insert your domain in the field in the “More Domains” section and click on “Add”. Once your domain is listed make sure you save the changes via “Save” on the lower right side. Here are more details on how to add and manage your domains in WebDirect.
- Access your domain provider - Visit the website of your domain provider and log in to your account. Once you are logged in, find the configuration section for your domains. In case you don’t know your provider, you can look it up via your domain - see article here.
- Set A record - In the configuration section of your domain provider, look for the A record setting and change it to WebDirect’s IP Address 22.214.171.124 as the destination. In some cases you need to select A record in a checkbox or dropdown menu. The symbol “@” is used as an alias for A record. Make sure you save the changes.
- Set CNAME - In the configuration section of your domain provider, look for the CNAME record in your settings and change the “www” CNAME to point to “suite-sites.booking.com”. Save your changes again.
- Set your domain as primary - Once you made all changes with your domain provider, go back to your “Domain page” in the settings section and set your domain to primary and publish your site - see guidance here.
Please note that it can take up to 48 hours till the WebDirect site can be reached via your domain address. You can test it by typing your domain in your browser.
If you experience problems setting up your domain, you should reach out to the support of your provider. Here you can find guidance on what information to share when contacting their support team.