What is a custom link out?
A custom link out enables you to link to existing pages within your WebDirect website, or connect to a custom URL outside of your WebDirect site.
- Internal pages: by linking to an existing page within your website, you are able to highlight promotions, renovations, important messages, etc.
- External websites: by linking to an external website, you can steer your guests towards a blog, your social media accounts, etc.
How do I create a custom link out?
- Access your WebDirect BackOffice and navigate to the 'Content' tab;
- Select 'Pages', 'New Pages', 'Select a Page Layout', and finally, 'Custom Link'
How do I create an internal link out?
- Select 'Link to existing page' and choose the page you would like to link out to from the drop down menu;
- Below the drop-down menu, you will notice the option to select “Open in a new window”. Should you select this, your website will open the selected link in a new browser window, keeping the old window open.
How do I create an external link out?
- Select 'Link to custom URL' and enter the website URL you would like to link out to.