What is a favicon?
A favicon, also known as a shortcut/website-/tab-/URL-/or bookmark-icon, is a file containing one or more small icons that are associated with a specific website or web page.
Favicons are displayed in web browsers next to:
- the URL in the address bar
- the website’s name in bookmark lists
- the page title in browsers with tabbed browsing
A favicon has a subtle, yet important role in your website branding because it is a quick indicator of your unique site, and ensures that visitors recognise it.
How do I add a favicon to my WebDirect website?
- Log into your WebDirect BackOffice and navigate to Content > Branding & Design
- Scroll down to the Favicon section and upload your favicon
- Click on the blue Save button on the bottom right corner of the page.
- Finally, Publish your changes