Your BookingSuite website supports code insertion. In this section you can add widgets and videos to make your website more attractive. This option is only possible for the Homepage section, and new article pages.
Therefore, please remember that it is not possible to add widgets or videos in these following articles:
- Rooms page;
- Contact page;
- Photos page;
- Attractions page;
- Amenities page;
- Dining page;
- Reviews page.
To insert a code or widget in your Homepage or Article page, which you have created, you must:
Log in to BackOffice as usual,
- Go to Content > Pages
- On the top right-hand click: Homepage> Edit or New page>Edit
- You will be brought to a new page. Scroll down and click on the yellow ‘Add’ button.
- Choose Video, or Embed to add a code or embed a widget.
- If you choose the option "Video" you need to insert the URL from Youtube, or Vimeo. However, there is also another possibility when we talk about video insertion. In fact, Vimeo and YouTube allow us to customize the video we are going to insert in our website.
- Let's take YouTube as an example. Open the video in YouTube and click on "Share". Now, you are able to see the embed code for the video.
- Click on show more and a menu with some options will be displayed. In this section you will be able to customize your video. You can choose the size (anyway, please remember that for some blueprints it is not possible to add videos bigger that a certain size) and you will have the possibility to show player controls, suggested video when the video finishes, show the title, etc.
- As producers we suggest to customize the video and prevent YouTube to show suggestion at the and of the video (quite often there are competitors' or weird videos).
- Once you will be done with your customization you can simply copy the embed code and insert it into the article as it has explained in the next point.
- For code or embed widgets you need to insert an HTML code. So, click on the option "Embed" and paste the code in the blank section. Now, if you want to center this widget in your article, please remember to add the HTML tag <center> at the beginning of the code and </center> at the end of the code.
5. In any case, when you added the video or the code, remember to click on the blue ‘Save’ button located on the lower right corner of your screen.
6. Click on the Preview button located in the upper right hand corner of your page to see the changes you have made. Here, I have another note: sometimes, when we add some iframes, we cannot see them in our preview. This is happening because our CMS is using an Https connection which prevents to display some iframes. However, you should be able to see the result on your published website.
7. Now, you are ready to make this video/code visible to everybody. Click Publish > Publish Now to transfer the changes over to your live site.