This article is only applicable if you already have an existing website and website address (for example, www.myhotel.com).
Before you set up a 301 redirect, it is important to make sure to complete the following steps:
- Check if your existing personalised website address has already been registered in the system. Login to your BackOffice as usual and go to Settings > Redirects. If you do not find your personalised website link here, please follow these steps.
- Import the page links (URLs) of your original website structure by clicking on "Import URLS". Make sure that you only do this after step 1 has been completed, as it might cause your website to go down if you don't.
- Fill out the equivalent of this page on your new BookingSuite website in the column "Redirect to". For example: if the original link points to an attractions page, you should point the new URL to the attractions page on your new BookingSuite website. Make sure that you also select the correct language in the last column. For example: if the original link points to a page in English, you should select the same language.
Only once you have completed the steps above, you are able to set up the actual 301 redirect. Simply click follow these final steps:
- Click on the blue button "+ New Redirect" on the right
- Click on Save at the bottom right
- Publish your website by clicking on Publish at the top right hand corner