A favicon, or ‘favourite icon’, is a file that contains one or more small icons that are associated with a specific website. It can be used for web pages, tabs, shortcuts, URLs and bookmarks.
A favicon plays a subtle yet important role in your website branding because it acts as a quick visual indicator that your site is unique – and helps visitors recognise it.
You can display your favicon in web browsers next to:
- your website URL in the address bar
- your website’s name in bookmark lists
- your web page titles (in browsers with tabbed browsing)
To add your favicon to your WebDirect website, just follow these steps:
- Log in to your WebDirect BackOffice.
- Under the ‘Content’ tab, click on ‘Branding & design’.
- Scroll down to ‘Favicon’ and upload your favicon file.
- Click on the blue Save button on the bottom right corner of the page.
- Finally, Publish your changes